Sydney – Freelance Media Relations Manager
We are looking for an energetic and experienced freelance media relations guru to join our fast-growing team in Sydney, Australia. This is a truly flexible role for someone looking for a long term freelance relationship, initially one to two days a week, with the opportunity to grow as the business does. The right candidate will have strong relationships with Australian financial services, FinTech, technology and business media. They will be a self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, working closely with colleagues across the agency globally and serving as the day-to-day point person on various accounts. They will be looking to work in a dynamic team, and will value work life balance and company culture, as well as doing great work for clients with a similar ethos.
A minimum of four-five years of relevant experience in public relations, a good understanding of the financial technology/financial services or enterprise technology media landscapes in Australia, with New Zealand and Asia Pacific being a bonus. B2B financial technology/financial services/enterprise technology media relations experience is required for this role.
The ideal candidate will be strategic, goal-oriented self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can manage a range of financial services and technology accounts and can support a fast-growing client base. They work well both in a team and individually and should have a proven track record managing and growing accounts; they desire individual responsibility and accountability; embrace the B2B financial services and technology industries; effectively prioritise multiple time-sensitive tasks; value and cultivate client, media and industry relationships; and demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Some experience working with financial services/financial technology industry analysts would be helpful but is not necessary.
- Generate consistent proactive media, analyst and thought leadership opportunities for clients
- Draft and direct all written materials including press releases, bylined articles, briefing books and other client-facing documents
- As day-to-day client contact; drive account strategy and execution, metrics measurement and ROI
- Manage compelling communications plans and program measurement for clients across digital, print and other mediums
- Capacity to understand assigned accounts and creatively convey this knowledge to the influencer community and account team members
- Manage and motivate junior account team members and actively guide their career progression
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, analysts, journalists and editors at key publications
- Assume basic fiscal responsibility across accounts
- Develop clear, compelling plans and program measurement presentations and drive staff to execute
- Deliver exceptional customer service, effectively managing client expectations, deliverables and reporting requirements
- Participate in new business activities and successfully sell in new programs to existing clients to grow budgets
To apply, please email your CV to Clare Rhodes at email@example.com